A multinational leading manufacturer of radiation dectection technology is looking for a Product Development Engineer near Rockville Centre, New York. This company has been around since the early '60s and is still continuing to grow. This Product Development Engineer will work on product design concepts, develop new products, and redesign existing products.
The starting salary is commensurate with experience up to $100K but open to negotation. Great health/retirement benefits are also provided.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Lynbrook, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Source the materials necessary to build a prototype, and then scale that prototype in a cost-effective manner. This process involves working closely with Logisticians and Shipping Managers.
- Once a digital model of a product is created, the Engineer then creates and tests product prototypes
- Ensure product design meets any and all safety regulations, and that goes for the manufacturing process as well
- Redesign existing products to enhance functionality or reduce costs
- Participate in Process Improvement and Continuous Improvement projects
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Product Design
- Materials Science
- Research & Development
- Process Improvement
- Continuous Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.