Established precision metal cutting and machining organization seeks a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER for its operations located west of FRANKLIN, NC (Smoky Mountains of Western NC). The MANUFACTURING ENGINEER will be involved with writing programs (primarily FANUC), setting up equipment, proving out processes, and coordinating capability studies on new and existing equipment.
location: Andrews, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Coordinate capability studies on new and current processes and equipment, FMEA studies and identification of Critical Characteristics.
- Generate CNC tool path programs, and station layouts. Take an active role in optimizing programs (speeds, feeds, and chip control).
- Responsible for filing, cataloging, and transferring CNC programs.
- Initiate Engineering Change Request as required.
- Estimate the cost to manufacture new and proposed products.
- Responsible for the placement/installation of new equipment and processes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Process Engineer
- CNC Programming
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.