A Controls Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Christiansburg, VA area. This job encompasses technological and operating principles contained in all aspects of electrical communications, especially computer algorithms, architecture, operating systems, and software, for the usage, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computers and electronic devices used to control machines and manufacturing processes.
location: Christiansburg, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $23.26 - 34.18 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Sound knowledge of job and a substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job.
- Intermediate level technical understanding. Implements standard procedures and proposes intermediate level modifications to improve workflow.
- Still generally obtains input to solve more complex problems. Works under general site supervision. Able to gather information independently using established and defined procedures.
- Able to train new employees to established procedures. Takes initiative in the area of continuous improvement. Uses some discretion. Contacts are typically within organization.
- May occasionally have contacts with others outside of the organization to seek clarity or ask for interpretation.
Education: AAS Desired - technical,
Preferred Experience: 3+ Years - Manufacturing/Industrial Environment, will accept entry level candidates if they have some hands on experience in college
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.