An Engineer is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Wilmington, NC area. This position design, develop, improve and industrialize manufacturing platforms (platform = process + equipment) for revolutionary manufacturing processes which yield step-change reductions in manufacturing cost and/or which enable new products with advantaged attributes.
location: Wilmington, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $19.07 - 29.69 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
1. Develop and execute experimental plans, project plans and timelines to achieve project goals without sacrificing safety, intellectual property, or quality. Adhere to all Corporate, Business Unit, and Site guidelines for same.
2. Learn & understand process & equipment functions in area of responsibility.
3. Development of new processes with strong emphasis on fundamental understanding of the underlying chemical and physical processes.
4. Provide troubleshooting support to the prototype platform during development and demonstration phase.
5. Develop and use mechanical, chemical, and electrical start-up/debug checklists, schedules, drawings, and process equipment documentation (and or direct technicians to create and/or modify the same).
6. Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
Education & Experience:
Minimum BS or MS in either Chemical, Ceramic, Mechanical, or Materials Science, with 2+ years engineering experience desired, including process engineering experience.
1. Data collection, analysis, and presentation skills
2. Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment
3. Ability to effectively interact & communicate with all levels of the organization & across organizational boundaries.
4. Ability to prioritize multiple activities & work independently
5. Thoroughly carry assignments to completion.
6. strong computer skills required (MS Word, Excel, Access, or equivalent).
1. Display a bias for action in situations of uncertainty, with pro-active attention to issues and problems,
2. Use scientific method and engineering principles to solve problems thoroughly and effectively, using well-designed and executed process experiments.
3. Drive for root cause fundamental understanding and permanent solutions.
4. Translate engineering solutions to requirements, then further to process and/or equipment designs which deliver all required and promised performance criteria.
5. Effectively use relevant measured and/or modeled data to drive decisions and actions.
6. Determine and recommend best solution from a series of alternatives within plant guidelines.
1. Able to communicate equally well with engineers, production associates, and managers.
2. Able to work in a team-oriented environment.
3. Self motivated.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.