Our client is seeking several Electrical Designers to join their team on a permanent basis!
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Desired knowledge in areas including electrical distribution, grounding and bonding, electrical control systems, electrical specifications, and P&IDs.
- Associate's Degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent work experience demonstrating proficiency in use of CAD tools.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk programs; AutoCAD, EasyPower, and Revit experience is highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook a plus.
- Experience working in industrial areas of wood products, chemical, pulp and paper, metals, or other industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to be an essential part of a collaborative team of engineers, project managers, designers, and drafters.
location: EUGENE, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Experience with design and drafting of industrial electrical systems including 3D modeling, one-line drawings, grounding drawings, wiring drawings, conduit and cable tray routing, conduit and cable tray supports, electrical specifications, instrument lists, and motor lists.
- Experience with design and drafting of industrial electrical systems including layouts/general arrangements, transformers, grounding and bonding, switchgear, MCCs, cable tray and conduit routing, and electrical utilization equipment, or control systems.
- Must have excellent work ethic and habits which include being dependable, flexible, results-driven, and a self-starter who is able to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills in order to prioritize tasks accurately to meet multiple or fluctuating deadlines in a fast-paced working environment to support deliverables.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and to communicate appropriately and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, project managers, engineers, and other designers.
- In addition to electrical systems, familiarity with multi-disciplined industrial or manufacturing projects is desired. Other design/drafting assignments may include:
- Structural steel and concrete
- Industrial buildings
- Piping and mechanical drawings
- Site work
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
- Designer (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Electrical Engineering (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.