Will offer per diem! Large utility is looking for an Corrosion Project Engineer in Jackson, MI. Will work alongside other engineers and the corrosion department in an office setting, with regular travel to project sites potentially needed as well. These professionals generally work during regular business hours, although additional and/or alternative hours may be required depending on project deadlines and the needs of the business.
Skills: A bachelor's degree in engineering is required. Previous experience in cathodic protection is needed. Project engineers must have a good understanding of project management, financial management and budgeting, as well as have good communication and teamwork skills. Canididates should be detail oriented, have the abilit to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be knowlagable in applicable NACE and regulatory requirements. The ability to read and interpret techncial drawings as well as understand and interpret company standards is also required.
Education: A bachelor's degree in engineering is required. Previous experience in cathodic protection or corrosion control is required. Project engineers must have a good understanding of project management, financial management and budgeting, as well as have good communication and teamwork skills.
location: Jackson, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Corrosion Project engineers oversee projects within the company, ensuring that projects are completed on schedule, within budget and within project specifications. They coordinate efforts among staff and departments to ensure that effective communication exists among the various divisions or staffs involved in projects, as well as ensure resource allocation is effective, efficient and sufficient to complete the project. Corrosion Project engineers will be a technical point of contact for projects. Projects will include groundbed installations, AC mitigation installation, insulator installations or other projects determined to be needed to restore cathodic protection levels. Specific duties include:
- Write & submit engineering scopes to cost engineering.
- Review and assist with 3rd party design.
- Attend & review site investigations and information/data compiled at these meetings.
- Available for CM/Field technician questions
- Verify materials requirements and specifications.
- Review redlines.
- Assist with compiling closeout data and document transfer.
- Certify standards, specifications & designs.
- Prepare electrical power service applications.
- Attend 50%, 90% & AFC design review meetings.
- Attend weekly project update meetings.
- Facilitate coordination between Consumers Energy EI&C, T&S Pipeline, Storage, Compression, T&S M&R engineering and the third-party designer for drawing support and approvals.
- Assist with EI&C inspections on station projects.
- Coordinate with other pipeline companies at interchange and crossing locations.
- Verify drawing series numbers for each project location.
- Update T&S pipeline, M&R Station, Compression history books and reports.
- Prepare and submit ERC's. Supply ERC information results and requirements to 3rd party permitting and installation contractors.
- Help schedule and facilitate PIC coverage at project sites.
- Assist with scheduling to verify that MPSC compliance dates are met.
- Assist with coordinating joint work at similar sites with CE Remediation program.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Engineering
- CATHODIC PROTECTION
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.