Our client in Fremont, CA is searching for a Technical Service Specialist with a background in automotive paint. You will provide in-depth technical direction and assistance to customer(s) regarding the use of Client's products and services. Provide sales support to maintain and expand business at existing accounts. Ensure customer satisfaction regarding all Client's supplied products and services. If you are an Entry Level candidate with a Chemical Engineering degree, this is a perfect way to start your career!
location: Fremont, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Manage relationships with both manufacturing and engineering at customer sites; maintain key communication regarding daily projects, line issues and future planning via meetings and daily communication.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to customers on the use of product lines; serves as an expert in a single technology or apply a working knowledge of multiple technologies and may involve multiple sites.
- Respond to questions and concerns regarding product lines and general operations; involves complex situations that require basic project management to resolve situations.
- Troubleshoot?and resolve painting?issues and problems by providing recommendations on issues related to product, application, inventory and general paint process to help the customer overcome line problems. Utilize resources such as prior training, experience, GBT and other TSS's. Gather data and material samples for analysis, testing and reporting.
- Communicate with appropriate departments for daily updates on paint consumption, invoices, inventory, and paint ordering.
- Communicate data collection including (but not limited to): Viscosity and Temperature data, appearance data using Wave Scan and film build collection devices. Collect and understand how to analyze the data. Regularly report data collection results summary internally and to the customer if required. Notify appropriate parties if data reveals results outside of expectations.
- Serves as a liaison with sales by interacting with line and management personnel, developing a complete understanding of needs and operations, and providing observations and leads to sales; receives direction from other personnel.
- Serves as an operational advisor to customers by applying general quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality and efficiency; supports monthly plant quality reports for customers. Make recommendations regarding specification ranges (i.e. viscosity) and quality ranges (i.e. appearance limits, color tolerances).
- Prepare customer demand forecast; successfully manage onsite inventory and product orders for customer(s) plants.
- Support customer projects (LWRs, FWRs, EPMs) Define requirements regarding test requests to GBT via LWR and follow up with chemist for all details. Review and understand results. If requested report out results with customer.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Technician (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.