Our vehicle client located in the heart of Palo Alto, CA is seeking a contractor for a large scale project as Buyer/Supply Chain Analyst.
This highly critical role will be working with the VP of this group and will be responsible for supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality, and delivery performance.
This job is a hybrid remote/onsite position so the candidate must be local to the Bay Area and Palo Alto.
This is an ongoing 6+ month project.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Partner with Hardware Engineering and Product team, as well as with to identify procurement priorities
- Identify sourcing alternative and cost saving opportunities
- Monitor market conditions to identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities including strategies to mitigate risk to the program due to parts availability
- Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers in RFQ
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry should-cost models.
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through data driven purchasing initiatives.
- Evaluate supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and ensure these are reflected in agreements with these suppliers. Evaluate performance and ensure supplier promises are kept.
- BS/MS in STEM or quantitative field (CS, Applied Statistics, Operations Research) or BS/MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Analytics
- Knowledge and experience with data analytics tools and languages
- Have worked in a Sourcing, Purchasing, or Buyer capacity in hardware space; experience in automotive industry and/or mapping/computer vision/camera space is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, and financial modeling.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Supply Chain
- Purchasing / Procurement
- Global Supply Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.