Jr. Technical Writer
Our exciting vehicle client is seeking a contractor for their large scale project in Palo Alto, CA! The position is a mid level Technical Writer.
The client is looking for local candidates only since it's a hybrid remote/onsite opportunity for a 6+ month contract.
This is an amazing opportunity to get in with one of the largest and growing companies in the world!!
The client is seeking candidates immediately and has a start date of early August 2021.
The client understands basic fundamentals associated with assemblies, parts, quality control, mechanics, blueprints, inventory, design etc.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 32 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
As a Technical Writer you will be responsible for preparing instruction manuals, journal articles, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. They also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers, designers, and manufacturers.
- 6 months to 2 years of Technical Writing, Documentation, and Presentation skills
- Determine the needs of end users (manufacturing technicians) of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding
- Gather feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Hands on experience with mechanical and/or manufacturing related projects
- Experience or ability to learn project management software (i.e. Jira) to keep track of documentation
- Ability to work onsite to interface with end users and products
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Technical Writing
- Documentation Control
- Catia V5
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.