Millwright needed for a well established manufacturing company in the steel and tube industry. The facility is located in the Chicago area. This is a 12am - 8am shift with the potential for overtime. This is a DIRECT HIRE postion
The ideal candidate will have experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and welding. This person will be responsible for installing, dismantling and moving machinery or heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings initiated by service requests and general maintenance practices. Essential Functions
Education / Experience
- Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Communicating with Supervisors and Peers
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Controlling Machines and Processes
- Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of maintenance experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of machine and tool use for repairing and maintenance
- strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Efficient time-management skills
- Capable of working unsupervised in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team player is essential
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
work hours: 12am to 9am
education: High School
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Bolt parts, such as side and deck plates, jaw plates, and journals, to basic assembly unit.
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Dismantle machinery and equipment for shipment to installation site, usually performing installation and maintenance work as part of team.
- Construct foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement, and steel.
The essential functions of this role include:
- wearing steel toe shoes
- manual lifting up to 75lbs
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Millwright (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Industrial Mechanic (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Mechanical Maintenance (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Hydraulics (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Pneumatics (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Welding (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.