A technologically advanced electronics company in San Diego and San Jose, CA is looking to hire a Sr. RF Engineer to join their growing team! You must have RF & microwave design experience in the Aerospace or DOD industries. Client prefers local candidates, but may help relocate candidates that are not local. Excellent pay, full benefits, opportunity to have significant input on projects and 9/80 work schedule.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- You will focus on RF & microwave design for aerospace and DOD type products
- Evaluate, develop, and document new circuit and/or design techniques, including writing and evaluating software
- Design electrical circuits, components and integrated microwave assemblies including computer/mathematical modeling, part, material and process selection and mechanical layout and packaging; perform technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications and generate cost/technical proposals
- Perform routine specification analysis and component design including creation of drawing package, using company standard design practices and produce prototype hardware consistent with company manufacturing produce-ability requirements; perform routine specification analysis for new product specifications
- Test, tune, debug and optimize prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing produce-ability requirements; write test procedures and/or software
- Guide technicians on test, tune, debug and optimization of prototype circuits and components
- Partner with the organization in the scheduling of development projects, including process development, fixture design and implementation, material procurement and customer interface (design reviews); evaluate customer specifications and support proposal generation
- Perform and coordinate production engineering support function such as fixtures, materials, design, process problem evaluation and solution
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- RF Design (5 years of experience is required)
- AeroSpace Industry
- Microwave Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.