An Analytical Chemist is needed for a leading manufacturing organization in the LaGrange, GA area. The Analytical Chemist is responsible to lead execution of established analytical methods (ICP/Elemental, XRD, titrimetric, wet chemistry/gravimetric, PSD, OCV Raw Material Characterization, and Xray/CT-imaging, etc.) for the raw material process plant.
Qualified candidates must have at minimum a BS in Chemistry and 5+ years of industrial or commercial R&D analytical chemistry laboratory experience. Candidate must also be proficient with ICP-OES. Candidates with prior experience setting up a lab/ pilot plant are preferred, and exposure conducting method development/ quality assessment outside of a regulated industry would be beneficial. This is a direct-hire role located in the LaGrange metro area. Our client is only seeking local talent or candidates willing to relocate on their own at this time.
location: LaGrange, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 127,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead the deployment and functioning of R&D analytical chemistry capability within the raw material process pilot plant
- Execute R&D analytical methods across multiple disciplines to achieve desired goals or results; Run multiple projects in parallel
- Conduct statistical analyses of sample, method transfer, and data-QA data to ensure data integrity, uncovering new findings from R&D work and make sound troubleshooting choices
- Set up equipment, and transfer methods to the new lab; Pilot new materials, samples and processes
- Perform method validation & equivalency, equipment validation, IQ/OQ/PQ, and related data QA integrity processes
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Analytical Chemistry (5 years of experience is required)
- ICP-OES (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.