Randstad is seeking a Motor Design Engineer with experience in Thermal Dissipation experience to support the development of a state-of-the-art alternative fuel Aircraft Propulsion System. You will be an integral member of a team that designs these systems to be integrated across multiple aircraft platforms. Your work will truly revolutionize air transportation across North America and Europe.
location: Everett, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Detailed analysis of motor structure including shaft, bearing, housing , mounting point, gearbox, etc.
- Detailed fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of motor structures within the propulsion system and airframe structure
- Supporting configuration development and trade studies
- Improving analysis capabilities such as creating process automation tools for model creation, strength checks, and analysis report generation
- Collaborating with designers, structural analysts in structural analysis best practices
- Identification of opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
- Interface with technical leaders across the company on a broad array of structural analysis topics to implement analysis methods, requirements, and policy
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- Review and support certification activities, including but not limited to
- Creating, reviewing and supporting approval of ground test procedures, flight test procedures and their corresponding test reports.
- Supporting Component Drawing Reviews applied to propulsion system and motor
- Supporting Possess Awareness of Component Qualification Test Plans, Qualification Test Procedures and Qualification Test Reports.
- Completing motor assembly and installation drawing reviews
- Demonstrated experience on mechanical structure design applied to electric motor
- Experience in finite element modeling and analyses codes
- Experience and knowledge of engine static strength analysis methods, finite element analysis, and strain life fatigue methods
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair practices used in the aerospace industry
- Proficiency on load and fatigue analysis applied for Propulsion system and mainly to electric motor, shaft, gear box, bearing
- Experience in stress analysis of metallic structure/frame
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with structural analysis methods and repair principles (fatigue and corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques, damage tolerance methods used in maintenance programs)
- Experience in MatLab/Simulink
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.