An Electrical Project Engineer is needed for a leading food manufacturing organization. The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for leading the electrical portions of a variety of complex plant projects ranging from equipment installations, building upgrades, electrical system enhancements, and related facility modernization.
Qualified candidates must have 3+ years of leading complex plant projects for an industrial manufacturing or food production facility, and a BS in Engineering is required. Qualified candidate must also have thorough knowledge of NEC and other codes, and ability to apply concepts of voltage drop, conductor sizing, conduit fill, etc. Candidates can expect to travel regionally at times up to 70% of time primarily across the south and southeast. Candidates can work remote when not at a plant. This opportunity carries bonus potential.
location: Canton, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead the electrical portion on projects ranging from plant capital machine invests, facilities projects targeted to grow business and reduce operating costs, as well as improve operation of the site
- Review calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules; select correct wire thickness for respective demand in compliance with NEC and UL codes, based on load calculations
- Review one-line diagrams from third party engineering firms; Edit electrical specifications as needed
- Apply concepts of voltage drop, conductor sizing, and conduit fill for projects
- Interface with outside contractors and engineering firms to ensure that the plans, specifications and bid documents meet project requirements and safety standards
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Engineering
- NEC Codes
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.