Direct hire- Jr. Autocad Drafter/Designer for a client in the Roberts, WI area about 30 mins outside of Minneapolis, MN. Customer is looking for a Jr. Autocad Drafter/Designer with 0-3 years of experience. Entry level candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Prefer an Associate's Degree related to design/drafting. Competitive hourly pay + time and a half OT, lots of room for internal growth and full benefits (401 K/Stock options). A small lump sum for relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
location: Roberts, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Develop working knowledge of AutoCAD and the basics of client's detailing system.
- Develop basic knowledge of construction industry including reference material.
- Review and verify date of contract documents (plans, addenda and specs) received and compare against the date on proposal/estimate.
- Detail simple projects with little or no assistance (i.e. simple foundations, walls, footings, piers, slabs, stairs, retaining walls and other products as required).
- Submit placing drawings for approval and make sure they conform to ACI 318, CRSI, or RSIC, the Branch quality assurance and the placer/shop requirements.
- Process change orders to maximize all possible returns for the Branch.
- Communicate with customer, placer and Architect/Engineer on all questions relating to project; submit Requests for Information (RFI) as required.
- Work with Detailing Manager to ensure that all specialty items are pre-ordered to maintain construction schedules.
- Under the direction of management, be involved in all construction conflicts/disputes (whether contractor, placer, detailer or shop), and help with a resolution that is a time and cost effective solution.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss safety, innovative ideas, workloads, availability, issues and problems of the week for all to learn and share. ? Compare the progression of project detailed weight against contract weight.
- Identify and develop information required to inform customer of any changes (time and/or material) to the contract, including the completion of the change order form.
- Review all claims of shortages or errors.
- Ensure proper coding of product lists.
- Follow one or more projects from estimate through detailing and fabrication to installation at the job site.
- Perform other duties as required by your supervisor.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- working up to 7 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- AutoCAD (1 year of experience is preferred)
- CAD (1 year of experience is preferred)
- 2D (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.