Automotive supplier in the greater Kansas City area is seeking a Controls Engineer for a hybrid shift. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of industry experience as a Controls Engineer or Maintenance Technician, PLC/HMI programming abilities and a bachelor's degree is required. Shift is Friday/Saturday-6am to 4:30pm & Sunday/Monday-5pm to 4:30am. Target bonus of 5%. Position is overtime eligible but it is generally not much over 40 hours per week. Good work life balance and excellent benefits.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Create, document, support and improve on control systems that are essential to the production processes
- Assist with tooling design and automation for new projects
- Handle equipment maintenance and process documentation
- Establish design goals and equipment specifications for controls and electrical power distribution systems
- Develop and track capital investment budgets for assigned projects.
- Provide controls guidance in equipment selection and future expansion
- Serve as main interface with automation and capital equipment vendors for control solutions.
- Integrating and networking PC's and PLC's (TCP/IP, EthernetIP)
- Provide support for Controls related issues to minimize downtime.
- Drive lean concepts (5S, OEE, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization.
- Supports Purchasing and evaluate new suppliers, products and technologies
- Provide guidance to Maintenance Technicians
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience as a Controls Engineer or Maintenance Technician.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering, Programming required
- PLC programming experience (Allen Bradley Micro Logic, SLC 500's, ControlLogix 5000 processors) for Manual Assembly Cells, Automated Assembly Cells and Power & Free conveyor systems.
- Vision Systems programming experience (Cognex, DVT, Keyence)
- HMI programming (AB PanelView and PanelView Plus)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in JIT, SPD, ILVS and Batch manufacturing systems. Including broadcast analysis from customer trigger through customer installation.
- Manual and Automated Assembly Systems and Technologies experience a plus, including both mechanical and control systems.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Controls (2 years of experience is required)
- PLC (2 years of experience is required)
- HMI (2 years of experience is required)
- Programming (2 years of experience is required)
- Vision Systems Programming (2 years of experience is required)
- JIT (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.