Permanent position: Immediate opening in the Springfield, MA area, for a VDC Coordinator/BIM Specialist, specializing in mechanical systems for commercial buildings. This person will coordinate layout and fabrication drawings for Plumbing, HVAC and Process Systems using CAD and clash detection software for improved layout, routing and interference avoidance. Must have experience with Mechanical Systems and REVIT.
location: Springfield, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plans and draws complex piping systems including Mechanical Rooms, hanger drawings, pad locations, sleeves and insert drawings, final connections, isometrics, and anchors.
- Coordinate complete systems from underground to roof and understand how each system is to work - multi level mechanical rooms, underground systems, and distribution systems and develop sketches and or solutions to coordination issues.
- Utilizes Revit and other innovative construction tools for VDC and BIM
- Production of coordination/shop/fabrication drawings; research of contract drawings and RFI suggestions - prepare accurate fabrication drawings piping and plumbing systems and associated equipment as well as BOMs for both fabrication and coordination drawings.
- Review equipment submittals for the proper size, quantity and arrangement and use this information in the layout and coordination of the space and/or system.
- Prepare work in accordance with applicable plumbing, process or power piping codes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- MEP (2 years of experience is required)
- REVIT (3 years of experience is required)
- BIM (3 years of experience is required)
- VDC-Virtual Design Construct. (1 year of experience is required)
- Construction (2 years of experience is required)
- Complex Piping Systems (2 years of experience is required)
- Mechanical Systems (2 years of experience is required)
- Commercial Construction (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.