Growing manufacturer in the Kansas City area is seeking a Field Sales Engineer for a remote position. The sales engineer will assist in the development of a strong contact pipeline for current and potential products in the electric vehicle supply equipment market. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Electric Vehicle charging technology as well as sales experience, and should be willing to travel up to 75% throughout the U.S. This is a remote, home-based position.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $86,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Serve as the primary technical sales representative for the strategic sales team
- Calling on engineering firms, Electrical Contractors, EV Charging Companies, Utilities, and others involved with building the power distribution side of the charging stations.
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with customers
- Assist customers with technical support on projects
- Make technical presentations
- Be open to nationwide travel up to 75% to job sites, trade shows, customers
- 1-2 years of Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure experience required
- Previous sales experience required
- Have a hunter mentality to prospect for new business and engage with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to read and review engineering drawings to identify repair parts and answer application questions
- Serve as liaison between customer and engineering team to develop products and specifications
- Must have a good team player attitude as well as creativity to solve problems and grow business
- Serve as product expert for sales training events to internal and external teams
- Lean, process improvement experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Electric Vehicle (2 years of experience is required)
- Technical Sales (2 years of experience is required)
- Manufacturing (2 years of experience is required)
- Technical Support (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.