Rapidly growing food product company in the Bolingbrook, IL area is currently in search of a high potential Project Engineer to join their team. The organization has continued to see record setting revenues and is looking for a Sr Project Engineer to join the team that has experience with new automated capital equipment projects. This position will have an abundance of opportunities for promotions and advancement within the company.
location: BOLINGBROOK, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Ensure that project charges are correctly represented for accounting's closing process.
- Evaluates project performance of functional areas.
- Select and recommend procedures or development of methods.
- Assignments involve activities requiring knowledge of standard food plant quality and sanitation principles and techniques.
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications.
- Hold project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to projects.
Technical specification review and resolution.
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between WLF plants, Management and Contractors.
- Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an "on-time / on-budget" result including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely response to action items.
- Monitor program cost activity to achieve an "in budget" result.
- Prepare project budgets and appropriations requests utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing engineering, and design.
- Create a bill of material, detailed instructions for manufacturing process of new components, specifications for packaging.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Food processing and packaging experience is preferred.
- Advance computer experience with Gmail and Google Suite platform.
- Proficient in CAD drawing.
- Self directed and must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Engineering
- Project Controls
- Capital Equipment
- Capital Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.