job summary: Contract position:
Engineering & Construction client is looking for an Assistant Construction Manager for a contract possible temp to perm assignment in the Orlando, FL area (Lake Mary). The Assistant Construction Manager will assist the Construction Project Manager, Project Manager and Site Manager with day-to-day management of project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, procurement, proposals, estimates, documentation, turnover, client interface, field-based activities, and other duties required to execute Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) projects, construction management, and program management ventures. You need a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction/ Project Management, or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. 3+ years as an Assistant Construction Manager with experience working across multiple industries including utility company, electrical transmission & distribution, aviation, commercial building, facility, manufacturing, oil & gas, power generation, process and water.
location: Lake Mary, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Adhere to safety programs, training, and policies as well as collaborate with the project team to manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members, contractors, and others as required.
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to build client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Assist in the development of internal and external project risk reviews with the Project Management team and consult with the Legal Department as required.
- Coordinate and assist in the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan.
- Contribute to the negotiation, approval and execution of multiple types of prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Develop the project plan for site mobilization and demobilization and support the Construction Manager or Site Manager with implementation.
- Secure applicable project permits required for the project.
- Support development of and coordinate the potential bidders' registration and pre-qualification efforts on behalf of the Project team.
- Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP), support detailed scope of work development, bid and selection process and creation of contract documents for the purpose of subcontractor and client contractor selection and award.
- Support the implementation of multiple project specifications, drawing releases, and design changes.
- Execute downstream contract administration, including Request for Information (RFI), submittals, meeting minutes, change management, and claims mitigation.
- Support project cost reporting, scheduling, work breakdown structures, project set-up and closeout, and field progress tracking processes.
- Prepare information for and report project status, risks, schedule, costs, and cash flows at project and corporate level meetings to internal and external stakeholders. Develop and distribute meeting minutes as needed.
- Support the Prime Contract, subcontract, client contractor, and supplier invoicing process.
- Establish, review and implement the project documentation and filing systems and processes.
- Verify the project, client contractor, and/or subcontractor's insurance, licensures, taxes/duties, and securities are in effect according to the project requirements.
- Support and conduct project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
- Facilitate the materials receiving and management process including inventory control, receiving of goods, storage, and transportation.
- Collaborate with superintendents and site managers to verify compliance of subcontractors' and client contractors' contract documents, safety & health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Facilitate the project turnover documentation, recordkeeping/retention, warranty and project close out processes.
- Assist with maintaining compliance on all project related activities by consistently applying company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of project labor agreements with building trades as required.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant construction experience required.
- OSHA 10 hour certification strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or executing program management in the industries of aviation, commercial, energy, government, manufacturing, oil & gas, process, transmission & distribution, transportation, or water is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is preferred.
- Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Construction (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Assistant Construction Manager (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.