A Site Project Manager is needed for an American global corporation focused in the business areas of diagnostics, life science research, food, environmental and industrial testing in the Hopkinton, MA area. As a Site Project Manager leading multiple cross-functional teams, you will be part of an enterprise-wide project management initiative responsible for the full implementation of supplier transfers across multiple commodities designed to consolidate company's supply base and reduce our overall cost position.
location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Define roles and responsibilities and recruit staff for development teams.
- Define work breakdown and resource requirements in appropriate detail to communicate expectations and measure progress of team and members.
- Lead the project team to develop a plan and schedule that integrates interdependent activities across functions, global sites and external partners.
- Conduct risk analysis and test assumptions so that team members own and fully support realistic commitments for schedule, scope and budget.
- Communicate the project assumptions, requirements and priorities to ensure that the team adheres to expectations of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Lead by influence. Build trust and manage team via clear communications, collaborative decision making and timely issue resolution.
- Provide regular project updates to senior leadership including presentation of plans, risks and performance metrics to established targets.
- Strengthen PerkinElmer project management tools, templates, and processes as appropriate and develop/gain support on recommendations for continued project management improvement.
- Participate in opportunistic projects, representing the PMO within the company business as required.
- 5+ years of experience in analytical, diagnostic or science related industry
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with dynamic priorities and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field required, advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years recent program or project management experience including both traditional and agile development practices
- Experience guiding and working with highly technical staff such as engineers (hardware, software, mechanical, optical), chemists, biologists, clinicians.
- Ability to travel (domestic or international) several times per year
- Excellent communication - written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Advanced knowledge in the MS Office suite of applications and other SW tools for collaboration and project management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.