Process Engineer for a leading chemical manufacturer based North of Los Angeles, CA. This role is responsible to implement and improve processes in production, quality, environmental health and safety, productivity, new product development and costs. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with at least five (5+) years Industrial manufacturing experience ideally within a textile or fiber processing environment. Relocation assistance is available.
- B.S. degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in an Industrial work environment.
- Textile or fiber processing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Six Sigma, Lean training a plus
location: Valencia, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Evaluates the processes and products to make recommendations and improvements in quality, productivity, safety and costs
- Oversees, evaluates and recommends changes in the production processes to assure improved quality and increased production efficiency at the lowest controllable cost
- Monitors equipment operation ensuring required maintenance tasks are carried out
- Assists the departmental manager and other personnel with technical advice and specification interpretation to assure quality production.
- Assists in troubleshooting problems and oversees implementation of corrective actions.
- Supports development of new processes and products.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Improvement (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Process Control (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Six Sigma
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.