Rapidly growing food manufacturing facility on the cutting edge of new technology is currently in search for an Automation Engineer / Controls Engineer to join their expanding manufacturing campus. The Controls Engineer is responsible for development, troubleshooting, maintaining, and improving automation control systems for a state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility. This newly created position will introduce new automation technology and troubleshoot existing automation technology to optimize factory automation solutions.
location: BOLINGBROOK, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Works with IT and Engineering Personnel to provide Automation/Controls programming for a state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility.
- Interfaces with production operators, maintenance, management, and engineering groups to achieve the best possible solutions to process control problems.
- Maintains and troubleshoots plant manufacturing operations to ensure safety and reliability.
- Implements new technology to maximize plant efficiency.
- PLC specification and programming, including HMI development.
- Specify and apply instrumentation for process application.
- Machine control circuitry and motor control design, including safety circuits and adherence to NEC and NFPA codes.
- Configure and control Variable Frequency Drives.
- Electrical design, including creation of schematic diagrams.
- Control System Programming: SCADA, HMI, and PLC code development to specification.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.