Looking for a new opportunity? If you fit the qualifications below, please apply!
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in an electronics/PCBA manufacturing environment.
- Light programming experience in databases and/or Excel macros is a plus.
- Basic statistical and/or process control techniques required.
- Demonstrate knowledge use of six sigma, SPC, FMEA, root cause analysis and LEAN manufacturing and general PC skills.
- Working knowledge of PLC ladder logic and IPC address configurations, basic knowledge of torque systems.
location: WOODRIDGE, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Internal and external qualification of new processes, including time studies, line balancing, 5S, labor estimation and process qualification.
- Interface between production, quality and design to establish robust and defect free production processes, tooling and equipment.
- Analyze process performance data and use production personnel input to drive process improvements and change.
- Perform root cause analysis of day-to-day issues associated with the manufacturing departments. Act as the primary interface for disposition of process and/or product defects.
- Lead project and project teams to implement changes necessary for quality improvement, cost reduction and new processes.
- Keep production supervisors, technicians and operators up to date on important process activities.
- Evaluate equipment through DOE and capability testing.
- Evaluate plan, execute, and document all major changes to the process.
- Accountable for programming and troubleshooting of equipment software.
- Provide technical and analytical support for all customers and suppliers associated with product and processes.
- Communicate regularly regarding safety hazards and issues, suggest and compose procedural changes and maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Maintain SPC, charting of manufacturing processes, identify and correct process & machine problems with the aid of operators/technicians.
- Ensure all processes are accurately defined and maintained using IATF 16949 methodology and documentation.
- Use "LEAN" manufacturing practices to eliminate waste and improve product flow.
- Conduct ROI calculations on new equipment investments.
- Assist maintenance in developing PM procedures.
- Utilize problem solving techniques such as 8D and A3 to document and resolve quality issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.