Global manufacturer is seeking an experienced Safety Manager for their plant. Individual will be responsible for supervision of the Safety Department, the development and administration of various safety policies and procedures for the company, and assist managers with Safety issues and concerns. No layoffs in company history, quarterly bonus that has historically paid well, impactful role.
location: Ghent, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, develop and implement new company policies, procedures, and programs for the Safety department.
- Assist employees with Safety concerns.
- Works with Managers, Supervisors, and Group Leads to resolve safety issues.
- Updates and distributes monthly Safety reports.
- Schedule and attend all monthly plant safety meetings.
- Participate in injury root cause analysis meetings.
- work with on-site contractors to ensure their safety programs are sufficient.
- Works with the local County Occupational medical clinic on all Workers Compensation cases.
- Travel to the warehouses to assist with Safety training, audits, and employee issues.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Ensure safety OSHA audits are conducted monthly
- Responsible for responding as an incident commander.
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.