Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer needed for immediate direct employment consideration in the Fall River area of Massachusetts. This person will lead the design, specification, and qualification of a control system to operate a new state of the art manufacturing plant. The ideal candidate must have a diverse engineering skill set with the ability to work independently. Will act as technical lead on projects and may also act as project manager on smaller projects. This person will have a minimum of 7 years experience supporting controls and instrumentation in a cGMP, ISO 9001:2015 certified, manufacturing environment as well as programming and configuring the following: Allen-Bradley PLCs, Rockwell Software HMI/SCADA PLCs, Wonderware InBatch, Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware Historian, and DeltaV. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline is required along with the ability to produce electrical diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams using AutoCAD. Apply now for IMMEDIATE consideration.
location: Taunton, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage existing DeltaV DCS to minimize downtime and loss of production; provide after-hours technical support to 2nd and 3rd shifts including weekends as necessary.
- Control system architecture and wiring design, including the following communication protocols: Ethernet, ASI, and Profibus PA.
- Develop instrumentation and controls design documents: instrument spec sheets, URSs, and Functional Specifications.
- Develop control narratives, sequence of operations, and test procedures for instrumentation.
- Instrumentation (including valves and actuators) evaluation, design and selection.
- Cost vs. value analysis of instrumentation options.
- Instrumentation installation design and configuration with knowledge of Class I, Div. I & II explosion proof and intrinsically safe requirements.
- Develop technical & design criteria, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), SCADA block diagrams, control schematics, panel layout diagrams, and interconnection diagrams.
- Provide competency specific guidance on electrical, instrumentation, and process control systems to all operations. Participate in design reviews for all capital projects, including new facilities, and changes to existing processes, to support and drive project delivery.
- Manage and maintain change management procedures for all controls environments across operations.
- Perform loop checks, continuity tests, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests, start-up support, and performance tests for process control systems.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other engineering and scientific disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Build solid relationships with Operations, Technical Support, and Facilities to deliver standardized processes.
- Coordinate with equipment vendors and contractors on projects
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Manufacturing Process (7 years of experience is preferred)
- Rockwell HMI
- Wonderware InBatch
- Wonderware InTouch
- ISO 9001
- MS Windows OS
- Batch Process (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.