Our client, a global leader in their industry, is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager to help develop and enhance preventative maintenance programs and limit production line downtime at their Baltimore area plant. Prior experience in a fermentation or food/beverage production & packaging facility is a significant plus.
location: Dundalk, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Direct and prioritize the troubleshooting and repair of production equipment to minimize down time and maximize efficiency.
- Provide input for the maintenance department budget. Operate within established budgetary guidelines.
- Experience with CMMS system to create PM & repair schedules, parts inventory, etc.
- Facilitate the purchasing and inventory process for spare parts through the UNIX system.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate maintenance department employees. Take corrective action, as necessary, in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. Act as a communications liaison for plant management and maintenance personnel. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local labor regulations.
- Contract with, organize and supervise the work of outside contractors and vendors.
- Implement continuous process and equipment improvements to affect quality, efficiency and production costs.
- Facilitate preventative maintenance activities through a coordinated effort with plant management to minimize lost production time.
- Comply with applicable environmental regulations, i.e., OSHA, and participate in quality system programs, including GMP, HACCP, FSSC and ISO.
- Provides hands-on maintenance services when necessary.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 4 hours at one time
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.