Instrumentation & Controls Engineer needed for immediate direct employment consideration in the southeastern area of Massachusetts. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and be involved in projects with a variety of instrumentation and controls automation and technology needs. The right person will have a background in chemical, pharma, food, beverage along with BATCH chemical processing experience. The I&C engineer will play a key role in the design, specification, and qualification of a control system to operate a new state of the art manufacturing plant. This position requires the Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to conceptualize, detail, and implement control systems for manufacturing processes. This involves the development of control system architecture, system documentation, programming controllers, programming the process visualization (HMI/SCADA), developing databases for archiving/displaying historical system data, and implementing/commissioning the control system in our new facility. Must have a related BS degree along with min of 5 years experience programming and configuring Allen-Bradley PLCs, Rockwell Software HMI/SCADA PLCs, AVEVA/Wonderware InBatch Management, InTouch OMI, and Historian, DeltaV ProPlus, Batch Executive and Historian.
Apply Now for immdiate consideration!
location: Taunton, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Control system architecture and wiring design, including the following communication protocols: Ethernet, ASI, Modbus/TCP, and Profibus DP/PA.
- Develop instrumentation and controls design documents: instrument spec sheets, URSs, and Functional Specifications.
- Develop control narratives, sequence of operations, and test procedures for instrumentation.
- Instrumentation (including valves and actuators) evaluation, design and selection.
- Cost vs. value analysis of instrumentation options.
- Instrumentation installation design and configuration with knowledge of Class I, Div. I & II explosion proof and intrinsically safe requirements.
- Develop technical & design criteria, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), SCADA block diagrams, control schematics, panel layout diagrams, and interconnection diagrams.
- Provide competency specific guidance on electrical, instrumentation, and process control systems to all operations. Participate in design reviews for all capital projects, including new facilities, and changes to existing processes, to support and drive project delivery.
- Manage and maintain change management procedures for all controls environments across operations.
- Perform loop checks, continuity tests, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests, start-up support, and performance tests for process control systems.
- Support and troubleshoot existing DeltaV DCS to minimize downtime and loss of production; provide after-hours technical support to 2nd and 3rd shifts including weekends as necessary.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other engineering and scientific disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Build strong relationships with Operations, Technical Support, and Facilities to deliver standardized processes.
- Coordinate with equipment vendors and contractors on projects.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Manufacturing Process (7 years of experience is preferred)
- Rockwell HMI
- Wonderware InBatch
- ISO 9001
- MS Windows OS
- Batch Process (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.