International maker of automotive parts seeks a COMMODITY BUYER for its operations south of GREENVILLE, SC. The role of the COMMODITY BUYER is to plan, define, align,and maintain the purchasing and procurement strategies for direct materials. $65k-$75k / IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!
location: Fountain Inn, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Sourcing of components and materials according to technical drawings and specifications in alignment with global matrix functions
- Conduct market analyses, perform/evaluate/negotiate benchmarks and establish commodity strategies in alignment with global matrix functions
- Define, contract, monitor and ensure supplier capacities
- Conduct supplier assessments, site visits, financial analysis and quality system audits together with supplier quality development function (SQD)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Purchasing / Procurement
- SAP Applications
- Negotiation skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.