A Product Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Fargo, ND area. This job will design new and enhance existing test systems for robust electronics intended for on/off road vehicles and harsh environments.
location: Fargo, North Dakota
job type: Contract
salary: $52.66 - 65.12 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Solicit and capture requirements directly from customers without assistance from others.
- Review and provide proper feedback about the requirements.
- Create and review innovative HW/SW testing architectures and designs for challenging problems.
- This includes breaking the original requirements down into the proper high level and mid-range architecture and then creating detailed design notes from the results.
- Perform advanced analysis and make recommendations and design decisions based on results with some assistance from others.
- Review the design calculations of others to ensure proper application of design techniques.
- Implement code using advanced usage of Labview development practices and tools.
- Solve most tool suite set up problems.
- Solve integration issues that involve multiple code modules, code bases, and/or multiple developers.
- Critically review others' code.
- Perform detailed unit, integration, and systems verification and validation testing using HW/SW tools.
- Review others testing and suggest additional test cases.
- Employ independent troubleshooting strategies; quickly determine root cause with limited support from others and provide support in troubleshooting.
- Review documentation produced during the Product Development Lifecycle that is generated by other engineering groups and verifies this documentation is sufficient for product design.
- Generate support documents as needed.
- Work closely with other project team members as needed to ensure the final combined product has compatible software, electronic hardware, and mechanical hardware which functions properly together and performs at levels specified in the test requirement or specifications.
Education: Minimum B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in SW development (C, C++, XML, etc.)
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Labview or other NI programming languages
- 2 to 5 Experience with basic controls, and Data Acquisition systems (DAQ)
- Technical experience using and understanding schematics and HW analysis software (Pspice, MathCAD)
- Experience with development and debugging tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.)
- Experience in statistical analysis (SPC, GR&R, Monte Carlo, etc.)
- Experience with basic electronics HW and systems (i.e. Op Amp, FET's, Transistors, A/D converters, serial and parallel interfaces, etc.)
- Understanding of product development phases
- Good written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Electronics testing experience
- Experience with communication protocols (i.e. CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet, USB, etc.)
- MathCAD, Orcad, Pspice experience
- J1939 / ISO11783
- Experience with basic machine control, CMMI, ISO or other mature development models
- Electronics manufacturing functional testing experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.