A Design Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Mossville, IL area. The main function of a design engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical systems engineer analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
location: Mossville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $27.44 - 42.52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This position serves as a subject matter expert providing troubleshooting assistance on C.5-C18 engine and after treatment systems for Company dealer technical communicators.
- The candidate will be responsible for working directly with dealers to resolve complex problems, as well as identify potential emerging issues.
- Has expert knowledge of the company's processes, systems and methodologies.
- Performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are complex in nature.
working with Company dealers and Perkins Distributors on troubleshooting complex diesel engine field issues across a broad range applications
Education Requirement: BS of engineering is preferred
Technical Skills Required:
- Diesel Engine Troubleshooting.
- Data Analysis (engine data logs, engine performance data)
Soft Skills Required: Written and verbal communication. Will be client facing.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Design Engineer
- Diesel Engine Troubleshooting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.