3rd Shift Production Supervisor needed for a global leading manufacturer in WI. In this role you will lead the plant value stream(s) in daily operations and continuous improvements, which include but are not limited to: supply chain, production control, manufacturing priorities and coordination between all shifts in the value stream.
location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 10pm to 7am
- The Value Stream Team Leader will assist the Value Stream Manager to create continuous product flow, utilize pull systems and to level the workload.
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work and processes are followed, needed adjustments are implemented and the area is compliant with safety and 5S requirements.
- Instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the Value Stream(s); hold regular team meetings and assign team member tasks and coordinate support activities from departments outside of the team.
- Provide effective cross training for Value Stream associates and backups from other value streams to assure the continuous smooth running of the value stream.
- Encourage team to stop and fix problems in order to get quality right the first time.
- Work with the Value Stream Manager to develop the future state value stream map and manage the plans to achieve it as documented in the Value Steam Tracking Center.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Production Supervisor (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Process Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.