Facilities Engineer/Facilities Project Lead will assist the Facilities Director in the coordination of construction and project management, space planning, and move execution. Provide facilities infrastructure support to production working in a clean room environment. Provide customer service in the completion of projects. Provide comfortable and clean working environment for employees while maintaining company standards. Support a winning culture with an optimistic attitude on problem solving fast paced challenges.
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $29 - 33 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Oversees the planning, design, reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Responsible to work with Industrial Engineers on production equipment layouts for economy of operation and maximum utilization of facilities and equipment.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Coordinates with multiple contractors for executing projects and ensure proper scheduling of tasks align with customers' needs.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction.
- Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Implements planning process controls and achieves continuous improvement goals.
- Develops infrastructure, finish, and equipment standards for Controlled Environments and laboratory areas
- Support manufacturing during shutdowns for maintenance and space modifications
- Bachelor's Degree in ME or equivalent
** really looking for an entry level, not an experienced project person**
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Experience with CAD systems
** CAFM systems preferred
Most important skills and criteria needed for this position:
- Project management for running multiple construction projects in parallel
- Financial tracking and budget management
- Positive attitude with customer relations
- Experience with mechanical and electrical systems, and a desire to learn new facility systems
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 5 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.