Our company is searching for an experienced Building Envelope Consultant.
This is a direct hire opportunity along the Gulf coast region. You will consult with clients to deliver expert consulting, forensic analysis and litigation support related to building envelope services. This position offers the opportunity to deliver significant value and a direct impact on the continued growth and expansion of the company. Must be willing and able to travel as needed Experience & Skills Requirements
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in building envelope consulting and engineering, including condition assessment inspections and forensic investigation and testing of existing structures. Proficiency with behavior and performance of building envelope materials and systems.
- Extensive practical experience with building envelope systems, including fenestrations, exterior walls, waterproofing and roofing systems, including identification and assessment of damages and defects.
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Professional Engineering License in FL, AL, MS, LA or TX, or ability to obtain license within 6 months.
- Specific experience with building envelope windstorm related damage and insurance claims.
- Specific experience serving as an expert as to exterior building envelope components, systems, and installation.
- Confidence and experience defending positions, findings and opinions including under cross examination.
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
- Proficient in writing and editing of technical reports.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Work collaboratively on multiple solutions for clients and objectively summarize the benefits and shortfalls of each.
- Ability to work in and review work in AutoCAD is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office suite software
- Proficient with technology.
- Ability to communicate benefits and strategizing alternatives.
- Compensation: Base Salary, commensurate with experience.
- Work from home
- 401K with Safe Harbor match up to 6%
- 401K Profit based sharing annually at discretion of company
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation
- Mileage Reimbursement for Business Travel
- Continuing Education, Professional Development Opportunities, and Professional License Maintenance
location: West Palm Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Focus on condition assessment inspections and forensic evaluations and testing of existing structures with building envelope performance issues related to construction defects or wind damage.
- Implement design or analysis tasks in accordance with building code requirements.
- Prepare/assist with development of remedial work options and costs.
- Supervise work of engineers in training and CAD technicians. Support work tasks in a team environment and help mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
- Prepare project work plans including tasks, staff time, and fee budgets. Control project fee budgets.
- Provide consulting advice and strategies to client and their legal counsel.
- Perform site investigations and testing as necessary to develop a plan to support the client's case.
- Analyze other expert reports and develop strategies to utilize or refute content.
- Prepare expert reports as required.
- Provide persuasive expert testimony at depositions and trial or arbitration/appraisal proceedings, as necessary.
- Committed to exploring and analyzing all possible impacts of storm damage or construction defects to building envelopes, to help clients maximize and support their claim strategy.
- Understand, support and defend allegations related to construction defects potential damage in support of a client's defense strategy.
- Support business development strategy as needed with support from Sales Coordinator Representative.
- Use HubSpot CRM to maximize efficiency and coordination of internal and external communications, establish regular contact with existing clients, follow-up and closing of outstanding proposals, etc.
- Coordinate with Management for any other business development activities as needed.
- Other responsibilities and projects that may be assigned by Leadership.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Civil (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.