Great client is looking for a Manager to lead the US team in product innovation. This person will help drive new and innovative designs through to production and collaborate with both internal teams and client stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a background in Product Design and Development, mechanical and/or plastics engineering.
location: Salem, New Hampshire
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Leads the Technology team in the USA to fill the innovation pipeline with local projects in order to achieve the growth ambitions, ensure to support customers and internal stakeholders with application know-how
- Contribute to Concept Development Projects within the Innovation Process
- Fill the innovation pipeline by adding valuable ideas into the Ideation Tool (Hype)
- Drive ideas from ideation through the Innovation Process
- Planning, implementation, and documentation of market-based application tests of our systems and products.
- Planning, implementation, and documentation of specific product verifications in development projects.
- Development of knowledge about the processes of our customers and end users, in the areas of cartridge filling, venting and piston setting, storage and transport, dispensing, mixing, spraying, as well as dispensers and dispensing equipment and materials.
- Securing and distributing the know-how gained in appropriate information platforms and publications
- Education and training of employees and customers
- Comparison tests with competition products
- Investigate and solve application problems from the market
- Assisting in the investigation and resolution of customer complaints related to the application
- Development of filling concepts and filling solutions
- Development of knowledge and performing experiments on the properties and behavior of the customer materials
- Standardization of the test procedures and the test equipment to be used globally
- Advising Technology groups during the development of new products and product changes in applications and functions, feedback of the application know-how into product development
- Generate ideas for technology and product development projects
- Support Business Units with application know-how, standard tests and trainings
- Ensures an innovative culture for market pulled as well as technology pushed ideas
- Awareness of the IP portfolio of SMS and competitors' activities
- Ensures knowledge enhancement by cooperating with universities and other external partners
- Ensures the technical dialogue and market view between Sulzer and its key customers in the US
- Establishes accountability withing the team
- Establishes an innovative climate to enhance innovation pipeline
- Ensures that all business activities conform to local laws and regulations and are in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations regarding environmental protection, fire prevention as well as occupational health and safety.
- Ensure reporting to the manager or ESH responsible person of ESH deficiencies and hazards (affecting working materials and funds as well as the working environment) which cannot be self-rectified.
Education and Experience:
- Provides clear leadership and generates trust
- Represents US technology in the technology management team
- Recruits qualified personnel and develops the employees
- Responsible for the budgeting of the US technology cost center
- Responsible for the achievement of functional, time and cost targets of projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering
- 15-20 years of experience
- 3+ years in product development (plastics, components, machines, medical)
- Technically inclined
- Experience in multicultural environment preferred
- Comfortable with a matrix organization
- Business and commercial acumen
- SAP knowledge
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Product Design (7 years of experience is required)
- Leadership (3 years of experience is required)
- Mechanical (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Plastics Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.