Leading global chemical manufacturer is seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Freeport, TX. Candidates MUST have Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (preferred) or Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. Minimum 5 years' experience in a petro-chemical plant, (LDPE, EVA) or other olefins or poly-olefins plants is a must. Salary range is open depending on experience. Relocation assistance will not be considered. DIRECT HIRE
location: Clute, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Review maintenance KPIs and Develop plans for improvement.
- Develop and improve required work processes to increase productivity and efficiency and reduce waste.
- Procedures and Quality Control plan for Repair of critical equipment and critical spare parts.
- Oversee QA/QC program with local maintenance activities in plant and 3 rd party facilities.
- Act as a Reviewer for quality control plans for repairs, to ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc are provided and documented.
- Provides input and oversight for repairs and modifications to Critical equipment at both outside shops and in the field.
- Perform technical reviews of procedures to ensure repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, etc are provided and documented.
- Identifies unique repair techniques. Addresses deficiencies in repair plans/methodologies/procedures at Outside shops. Review process data daily to minimize or avoid unwanted down time.
- Follow up on Work Order backlogs and work with the team to revisit priorities and get backlog in a manageable range.
- Unplanned event support
- Conduct and Facilitate RCAs.
- Provides input into failure analysis, root cause investigations, corrective actions, etc.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and provide input in repairs in real time working with Plant Maintenance team.
- During repairs provides input in job scopes, plans and ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, spare parts, etc are provided and documented.
- Ensures repair specs, as left measurements and finding are documented and made available.
- Major outage support
- Provide field coverage in Turnarounds or on critical jobs as needed.
- During development of turnaround work, provides input on scope of work and job plan.
- Conduct FMEAs on TA activities to minimize discovery work on large jobs.
- Reliability support
- Evaluates Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) activities and determines appropriate action.
- Provide input in the development and implementation of ERSs FMEA
- Assists Reliability Engineer in ERS validation efforts. Review equipment/PMO history, reports, etc to validate services are being performed at appropriate intervals, procedures are being used in repairs, Operator rounds are being executed correctly, etc.
- Supports procedure development, parts identification, etc
- Feedback on executed PPMs to the Reliability team to improve PPMs.
- Reports changes that need to be made to materials/ manpower estimates/ tools/equipment/ Documents (procedures) and Frequency
- A resource that provides input to the planner when PPM clarification is needed.
- Review and assist and lead small reliability initiatives. Such as seal improvements.
- Input to purchasing
- Enter Quality notifications for deficient or over performing vendors for their supplied components or rendered services. Also performing follow to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Capital Equipment
- Capital Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.