A Drafting/CAD Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Big Flats, NY area. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Implements methods and follows procedures for inspecting, modifying and evaluating the precision and accuracy of drawings and documentation for production equipment. Areas of specialization include: equipment design, drafting, documentation, quality systems, engineering data management software.
location: Big Flats, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $19.07 - 25.77 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaboration with engineers in the creation of new process designs and concept development utilizing 3-D SOLIDWORKS models.
- Apply practical knowledge and experiences to the development and design process.
- Creation of detailed design 2-D drawing packages based on 3-D models.
- Creation and management of engineering BOM's.
- Manage drawing updates to existing designs.
- Work within drawing and change management system.
- Train new employees to established procedures.
- SOLIDWORKS capability
- AAS in mechanical/engineering field desired
- Demonstrated SOLIDWORKS capability. 1-2 years experience.
- Perform revisions to existing drawings and red line corrections to drawings
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented; delivery of tasks to project schedules.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.