Industrial Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located East of the Greensboro, NC area. This position will be responsible to carry out day-to-day and long term operation of all elements of the Industrial Engineering function to include providing on-going advice, direction and assistance in specialized equipment, line layouts, production process specifications, machine capabilities, etc.
location: Whitsett, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide on-going advice, direction and assistance in specialized equipment, line layouts, production process specifications, machine capabilities, etc
- Assist the Development Engineering Department in the documentation and design of new products
- Direct and coordinate the design and development of all tooling, and jigs and fixtures necessary for new products
- Coordinate and/or direct activities toward design corrections and/or fixes to existing products, for enhancing or amending previous designs
- Develop reliable designs of tooling, jigs and fixtures, and other specialized production equipment
- Support the Quality Control and Purchasing Departments to help improve product quality and achieve continuous improvement
- Implementation of Kanban, Pull Systems, Standard Work & 5S
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing; Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Approximately 5 or more years of engineering experience in an industrial engineering area
- Experience in assembly procedures, process flow, and process controls
- Ability to use the Industry standard CAD systems for design and documentation
- Knowledge of plant engineering and code compliance standards, i.e.; OSHA, etc.
- Experience in leading edge manufacturing systems and techniques is a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.