A Logistics Planning Analyst is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Menominee, MI area. The main function of a logistics planning analyst is to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. A typical planning analyst is responsible for reviewing and distributing production, work and shipment schedules and compiling reports on inventory levels, cost, etc.
location: Menominee, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $15.30 - 15.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Job consists of assembling of job packets in hose assembly which will normally take 2-3 hours, then move to coupling assembly and complete job packets for coupling or component production.
- Each work order for couplings and machined component requires a print be pulled and attached to the work order in the job packet.
- After job packets are complete audits of purchased material grief would then be worked on next. Various entries into excel files for multiple programs are performed weekly.
- A typical day starts at 6AM in hose assembly area taking work orders and going through them to highlight specific criteria for the shop floor, attachment of prints where required, and the separation of work by area.
- The completed job packets are then delivered to managers/leads on the shop floor.
- pretty much the same thing on the couplings side happens next, although there are a lot less orders in total numbers.
- Then you would move on to working purchase scheduling grief in SAP and collaborate with suppliers in MRC where appropriate.
- Any large abnormalities would need to be brought o the attention of the Supply Network Specialist.
Education Requirement: High school graduate required with two year degree or more preferred.
Technical Skills Required:
- Ability to work in SAP, Excel, MRC would be preferred but not required.
- Training will be provided in each area.
- Ability to think critically and interpret data is a must in this position.
Soft Skills Required:
- Ability to work fairly independently after training is received.
- This person must be able to interpret what is observed in the data, determine the correct action to take, and then take that action in a responsible way.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.