The Senior Project Manager applies theories and principles of science and mathematics to design and develop technical projects for the pork and packaged meat industry. They perform engineering assignments on the most complex and large projects. They are a recognized internal expert in project management and are considered a subject matter expert, solving unique and complex problems. The role leads multiple teams on projects providing direction and coaching to ensure a successful result.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develops and executes the overall project to ensure success through team development, multiple plans (budget, schedule, communication, risk management, etc), and necessary monitoring with corrective action.
- Executes the project with pro-active budget control ensuring that each sub-team manages their budgets.
- Develops the overall schedule with good engineering practices to provide a realistic schedule.
- Develops the preliminary engineering designs to meet the stated need of the project.
- Monitors the scope, maintaining the original project scope preventing unnecessary scope creep while keeping the leadership actively informed of any necessary changes.
- May lead multiple teams responsible for sections of the project.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Engineering or related field and 8+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and techniques related to food processing and the meat industry, preferred.
- Knowledge of installation and construction project scheduling.
- Must possess Project Management skills; Contract Administration skills; National codes and standards interpretation skills. Previous experience in the management of multi-million dollar projects with large scopes, desirable.
- Proficient in engineering economics.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Manager
- Project Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.