A food processor/manufacturer is seeking a Project Engineer. As part of our Engineering team, you would analyze data, draft implementation plans for production process optimization. Seeking out ways to maximize efficiencies by eliminating the waste of valuable resources that directly impact our overall operating costs. Applies theories and principles of science and mathematics to design and develop technical projects for the pork and packaged meat industry. Performs engineering assignments as part of a project team and may have complete responsibility for a section of a project leading a small team under the direction of a more senior engineer.
location: Smithfield, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develops preliminary engineering designs and engineering and material specifications.
- Develops project cost estimates.
- Performs design work including researching data, conducting feasibility and economic studies.
- Performs field work and adapts collections to translate completed projects into as-built drawings.
- Acts as project manager, as required.
- Coordinates and provides direction to equipment vendors to plan layouts, meet utilities requirements and maintain installation schedules.
- Reviews consultants' submitted work products and recommends adjustments as appropriate.
- Conducts engineering planning, design and operational studies in pre-project studies
- Assists in contract administration including review of bid packages
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Engineering, Engineering Management, or related field and 2+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- strong knowledge of fresh pork, meat processing, and case ready application, preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and techniques related to food processing and the meat industry, preferred.
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles to operational and design issues.
- Knowledge of installation and construction project scheduling.
- Must possess Project Management skills; Contract Administration skills; National codes and standards interpretation skills. Previous experience in the management of multi-million dollar projects with large scopes, desirable.
- Proficient in engineering economics.
- Proficient in AutoCAD drawing skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Manager
- Project Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.