Chicago area company that builds security platforms to secure access and authentication solutions across any device: proximity cards, smart cards, mobile credentials and soon solutions for multi-factor authentication. Seeks Mechanical Engineer. Qualified Candidates should have BS Mech. Engineering and 3 years of experience in product development. This is a hybrid home and office work enviroment.
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Specific Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work with development team and external industrial design resources to design, develop, and create mechanics for new products and the modification of existing ones.
- Develop mechanical prototypes (SLA, 3D printed, CNC) to determine design feasibility.
- Collaborate with toolers to optimize new part design to minimize tooling and piece part cost.
- At times of high workload, guide and work with outside designers.
- Develop test procedures, reports, and work instructions for existing and new assemblies including performance and quality requirements and related test methods.
- Create new, modify, and maintain 2D prints of mechanical and electromechanical components for engineering, marketing, customer support and supply chain departments.
- Support test group to design and build test fixtures.
- Provide technical support for solving product quality problems, conducting root cause analysis studies, and implementing corrective action plans.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, robust engineering design practices, including: worst case tolerance analysis and Six Sigma.
- Experience with the latest CAD tools such as PTC Creo 3D or Solidworks.
- Knowledge of plastic and metal production processing and materials, especially plastic component design and injection molding.
- Experience with engineering documentation, including detailed drawings, product specifications and BOMs.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in active product development environments.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Design For Manufacturability a plus.
- Experience working with international suppliers is beneficial.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 3 or more years of experience with innovative product development, preferably with electronic products such as plastic housings containing printed circuit boards and connectors.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.