A Senior Civil Designer is needed for a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering in the Pasadena, CA area. Senior Civil Designer reporting to the Lead Civil Project Designer of the Civil Engineering department in Client Services business unit.
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Requires strong PC and CAD skills as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments.
- Apply more advanced CAD techniques and develop difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge, that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Develop alternate design layouts of system as required.
- Ensure compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances and specifications.
- Review supplier data, shop drawings and catalog cuts as required.
- Performs checking procedures and assists in training lower level designers.
- Associate's or equivalent technical degrees or certificates of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred.
- 8 or more years of related work experience on civil site development, infrastructure, grading and utilities design.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD industry standards and practices are required.
- Proficient Civil 3D user on civil design projects.
- Familiar with surveying principles, low impact development and sustainability in civil design.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.