Immediate opportunity for an Operations Manager with an understanding of Metallurgy located near Akron OH for a leading metal processing company. This role is responsible for the application of metallurgical principles to the production practices, process and quality control system as well as leadership of a team. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science & Engineering with at least 5 years of experience with manufacturing operations such as casting, rolling, slitting, forming and/or stamping. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a well established and growing organization. Relocation assistance is provided.
location: Akron, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides leadership, guidance and counseling to direct reports.
- Leadership in metallurgical responsibilities and understanding of metal processing.
- Actively participate in company's strategic growth plans.
- Schedules production and manages customer inventories.
- Customer Service: Assist customers with product problems, new product information, prototype assistance and other special requests.
- Lead the development of documented production procedures for all aspects of manufacturing.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Plant Management
- Metallurgy (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Manufacturing (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Operations (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Process Improvement
- Metal Processing (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.