A Quality Engineer PM Consultant is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the Colorado Springs, CO area. This job will perform a wide range of documentation updates, testing, and auditing in support of Receiving Inspection. This requires knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Quality System Regulations, various inspection methods, metrology and calibration fundamentals, sampling principals, and fundamental statistical methods.
location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Having knowledge of visual, dimensional, and functional inspections on consumable products, fixtures, and raw material.
- Data mining to determine parts that can be put onto reduced inspection because of consistent vendor performance
- Perform changes in Windchill system update documents, RIPs, drawings, etc.
- Determining the best equipment choices for a given inspection criteria
- Supporting receiving inspection personnel. Enabling optimization of any inspection efficiencies. Update inspection procedures and drawings.
- Knowledge of various measuring equipment to determine component acceptance (calipers, micrometer, drop gauge, starlite, OGP, FARO arm, etc.)
- Knowledge of typical First Article Inspections (FAI) process; gathering data and submitting reports.
- Interface with Engineering, Quality, and Production Teammates to facilitate process/document improvements and updates.
- Provide Quality Engineering floor support for Receiving Inspection area
- Interface with RI inspectors to identify process improvements
- Successfully work in and promote a team-oriented environment; reduce work area distractions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Biology Required.
- 3+ years of experience in Medical Device Quality Engineering with an emphasis on Receiving Inspection
- Experience utilizing tools such as micrometers, pin gauges, surface height indicator and digital and manual calipers.
- Ability to read, engineering drawings, product specifications, receiving inspection plans, and test procedures.
- Understand Zero Acceptance Sampling Plans using AQL sampling and 100% inspection.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection techniques.
- strong computer abilities; web-based systems, Microsoft Office, Material and Document Control Software
- Solidworks experience in order to update part drawings
- Experience working within a government regulated environment, such as FDA, FAA or ISO
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Medical Device
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.00/hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).