An EA Project Designer is needed for a company that designs, manufactures and distributes passenger and commercial vehicles, motorcycles, engines, and turbomachinery in the Reston, VA area. The EA Project Designer is responsible for turning ideas for products into functional prototypes using EA design standards, equipment specification and AHJ requirements for EV charging. Their duties include preparing design sets and exhibits, redlining external design firm drawing sets, providing redlines of site due diligence plans and other design requirements.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $35.82 - 51.59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assessing site due diligence providing feedback
- Provide review and redlines to initial site plans
- Provide review and redlines to engineering drawing sets.
- Demonstrate an understanding of EA design standards and implement on drawing sets.
- Determining whether a design solution is within EA standards and local AHJ requirements
- Creating multiple iterations of designs for review at CD50, CD90 and CD100 phases.
- Evaluating design solutions against industry standards and regulations
- Follow EA design and construction processes
- Support field team with discussion with AHJ's
- Support field team with discussion with utilities
Skill Set Required
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced design skills
- Product-focused creative thinking
- strong working knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) or engineering software
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.