A Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Vallejo, CA area. This position is responsible for Incoming inspection definition and implementation, Non-Conformity Report management and Supplier performance for a precise scope of suppliers/projects, after the product validation, the First Article Inspection (FAI) + 3 deliveries.
location: Vallejo, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 100 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with SQ projects, SPQD and Incoming Inspectors to ensure Control Plans are defined and registered in the ERP system
- Ensure inspection instructions/ checklists are defined and available for Incoming Inspectors
- Perform incoming inspection
- Establish and manage the process for maintaining and storing records at Incoming Inspection
- Ensure Incoming Inspectors comply with procedures for inspection, tool calibration, storage of records, NCR characterization and ERP transactions.
- Initiate outside special process inspections or outside lab testing when required
- Ensure control plans are modified when are NCRs detected at incoming and on the production line
Non- Conformities Management
- Responsible for Non-Conformity day-to day management, insuring reactivity to inform supplier of Non Conformity Report (NCR), to replace defective parts and to implement containment.
- Animate Non Conformities Report treatment by setting-up relevant actions plan to reach Non Conformity Report (NCR) target.
- Provide input to SQ manager related to the Cost Of Non Quality (CONQ S1) to the suppliers.
- Organize the retrofit to be performed by the supplier.
- Decide quality wall if necessary.
Solving issues & Continuous Improvement
- Challenge our suppliers to enforce relevant corrective and preventive action plan, challenge reactivity.
- Audit supplier process to check the effectiveness of the corrective and preventive action plan and ensure control plan sustainability (regular follow-up on main suppliers).
- For 'trusted' suppliers: be part of the Return Of experience (REX) analysis.
Mandatory Requirements: Bacherlor's in Engineering from accredited university plus 2 years equivalent experience.
Competencies & Skills
- In connection with the Quality & Continuous Competencies Matrix
- Problem solving Methodology, PFMEA and Control plan
- Persuasive and resilient
- Fluent in English
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.