Instrumentation and Electrical Engineer needed for a client in South Houston. This person will be working mostly with maintenance and improvement projects. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate specs, make suggestions on repairs or replacements and work closely with the maintance team. Experience in the petrochemical or refining industry is highly desired.
location: ALVIN, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide oversight and expertise of I&E related process safety and electrical safety compliance
- Provide recommendations for equipment upgrades and input to the plant capital plan.
- Develop and review selected I&E work scopes for turn-around and equipment outages.
- Audit regulatory mandated systems and maintenance work, such as protective instrument calibration and safety instrumented system functional validations.
- Provide failure analysis on I&E equipment and develop corrective actions.
- Technical reviewer of Management of Change for instrument/electrical aspects. Review site compliance with all applicable codes and regulations by auditing site practices/procedures and implementing corrections and improvements.
- Develop predictive/preventative maintenance guidelines/programs to meet site requirements. Utilize SAP to manage the predictive / preventative maintenance system.
- Ensure compliance with technical engineering design standards and specification for reconditioning or altering of existing systems and equipment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.