Our client is looking for an individual to join their team as a Technical Writer within the Medical Device Industry for a contract role. If you are actively looking for a new job and might be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply to the posting and we will be in touch with you soon.
location: Lake Forest, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Draft and publish technical documentation for end users and internal service personnel to align with medical product releases.
- Develop engineering-level knowledge of client medical devices down to their electrical and mechanical subsystems.
- Distill highly technical information into pertinent, simple instructions that can be understood by a non-technical audience.
- Create and publish detailed technical materials in well-written, precise, and clear English for global distribution.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in the creation, review, and approval of technical documents.
- Collaborate with other technical writers, when required, to create technical documentation.
- Help with the creation of our monthly technical newsletter and other documents per business needs.
- Ensure documents meet company standards and project deadlines.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in customer facing technical publications for electronic equipment.
- Experience in the creation of technical information to be published in printed format and in digital formats such as web-based search portals, product GUIs, help files, and context sensitive help tools.
- strong working knowledge of different document creation tools such as Adobe, Flare, and/or Oxygen.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the medical device industry
- Experience in working a distributed, collaborative document creation tool.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.