An Engineering Technician is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Mountain View, CA area. This position requires experience working in a software and hardware environment.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25.28 - 31.61 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Install, test, repair, and validation new and existing hardware.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS and firmware related issues.
- Set up and maintain lab space, tools, and materials of a hardware R&D lab.
- Experience working in a software and hardware environment.
- Should possess a mechanical aptitude towards using hand tools such as drivers, hammers, drills, and crimper's.
- Familiarity with Linux, shell scripting, and Windows environments.
- A technician will be expected to interact with hardware devices under pre-scripted processes/workflows and will then need to help pull debug reports and submit to other SW teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Desktop Support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.